Friday, April 8, 2011

Hongkong Run - My Battle Of The Bulge



For the past 10 days since my daughter arrived Manila, I had been very busy attending to her needs and accompanying the family on a vacation in Bohol and then to Hongkong. It has been almost a feast in every meal so much so that I have gained 4 pounds in the past 10 days.

Why is it that gaining weight is so easy whilst reducing weight of say equal pounds will entail 3 to 4 times the duration to lose the same weight. I could also feel that the extra weight gained was in the tummy of all places. Life is so unfair! Why oh why? My Battle of the Bulge has been declared.

On 7Apr11 it was difficult to wake up early in the morning that just getting out of bed is already a struggle in itself. We were then on our 3rd day in Hongkong and with temperature at 19degC the weather was cooperating in my struggle to reduce the undesired weight.

At 6:51am I started my run at Butterfly On Prat Hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui. There were still very little traffic on the street and with barely a hundred meters from the start I was finding it difficult to continue the run as there were stop lights in almost every block and that overhead pedestrian bridge are a “must use” on major intersection.

With no pre-determined plan on my route, instinct told me to head toward the coast line and/or any open space away from the building so that I would be able to have an unobstructed route. After a kilometer of about 10 traffic lights and 4 overhead pedestrian bridges, I found myself along the Avenue of Stars at Tsim Sha Tsui and saw a good number of joggers. It was then I told myself “this is it”.

The following are pictures of the scenery taken of the route that I took.






01h26m16s after and having logged 10.20km I was back at Butterfly On Prat Hotel with 764kCal burned during the run. God it was even short for a good meal! I have to push myself or otherwise I will be backsliding and recovery will be too hard.

I am on my Battle of the Bulge and I know there will be plenty of Battles to come, but, pray that I shall eventually win the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment