Sunday, September 20, 2009

Rota Run 09 - "No Show" Gout Attack



As early as the last week of August I have already registered myself for the ROTA RUN 09. In short I was excited to do the 21K run which is actually incorporated in my training plan for the Singapore Marathon scheduled for Dec. 6, 2009.

Yesterday, I had a rest day from my daily run so that I have enough energy for the run today. I sleep early Saturday night and set my alarm at 3am to give me enough time for the morning rituals and be on time for the assembly time of 430am.

At 3:00am I woke up and strangely felt that I cannot move my right foot. Thinking I was only having a cramps, I started to do some flexing of my leg muscle, however, the pain was different. I tried to look at my right foot, I was surprised to see a swollen right foot “lumbrical mm”. As far as I could remember I have not injured myself the previous day and that the pain is on the muscles and not bones. As much as I do not want to make my own diagnosis, I am afraid that this is a GOUT ATTACK.

I am still in pain as I write this blog and scheduled myself to see a doctor for a proper diagnosis on the problem. In running, the basic requirement are two healthy feet. Anytime they are injured means NO RUNNING. So for the next days that I relieve myself of the problem I shall be only running in my dreams. Pray that I be back into healthy form in no time.

How was the Rota Run 09?

2 comments:

  1. Hi sir amado, i hope you're getting better. see you on the road again soon! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Bro J - Thank you. I hope to run on 27Sep09 Power Run see you!

    ReplyDelete