Sunday, January 17, 2010

The PSE 6th BULL RUN 2010 - Better than Last Year




The 6th PSE Bull Run 2010 “Takbo Para Sa Ekonomiya” was held today 17Jan10 at the Fort which as in previous years served only the short distance/ fun run events of 10k, 5k and 3k. This year there were approximately 4000 runners who participated combined in all event.

Contrary to the last two years that the event was held, this year was organized much better and a great improvement in the manner it was handled before. I still remember particularly last year, the Bull Run earned a lot of criticism in the manner the event was organized. However, for this year it was a totally a different picture. The sponsors, Philippine Stock Exchange have learned their lesson and employed a different organizer (Adevents)for this year.



A room for improvement that I have taken note of is that of the portalets wherein only six (6) units were utilized and considering 4000 participants and allow 2000 guests, the usage ratio for each portalets is 1:1000 maybe next time the organizers could add more portalets to a more reasonable ratio to that of the crowd that is expected to attend the event.

I was able to talk to PSE President FRANCIS LIM and I expressed disappointment to hear that he is retiring from PSE sometime February due to health reasons. If I a not mistaken he is the longest serving president of PSE in its existence. I wish you well my friend and maybe then we shall have again more time to play golf! Atty. Francis Lim will return to his practise of corporate law.



The 10k route registered only 9.89k in my Garmin 310xt and took me 01h00m39s. I didn’t stay any longer after the race as I had a breakfast appointment with the family. It was another fulfilling early morning made possible by our love for running.

No comments:

Post a Comment