Thursday, August 5, 2010

Discovery of the Day - Takbo.ph Caption



While I was trying to find a worthwhile thing to do this coming weekend, I visited Takbo.ph “LIST OF RACES” site and I came across two (2) discoveries.

Since the start of the year 2010 there have been races in Metro Manila every weekends either on a Saturday or a Sunday. Surprisingly, this weekend there is NO race scheduled within Metro Manila. This is my first discovery of the day.

For my 2nd discovery and of great importance, on the site LIST OF RACES when you click on any specific race schedule I took notice of the following footnote on the bottom page -

TAKBO.PH SUPPORTS RUNNING EVENTS IN THE PHILIPPINES
NO TO BANDITS. NO TO CHEATERS

I could not find this entry on any other page of the website (only when you click to get details on a specific race event). I personally like this reminder. I do not know when was this made but in as much that the post reminder is way below the page it is not so visible nor noticeable that visitors might have not taken notice as well. The reminder/caption is worth a thousand words and spells out the advocacy of the community.

This is what Takbo.ph is all about.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amado! This reminder should be on all events flyer and web pages. Event organizers based their hydration, food and security on the number of registered particpants.

    Do organizers honor the senior discount card? It might encourage more seniors/retirees to hit the pavement & live healthy life style. Got a discount at the San Francisco Marathon and can use my senior discount card at the Condura run.

    ReplyDelete