Friday, February 20, 2009

RUNew 15 km - Race Walking Basic Technique



Part of my Training Plan for the Los Angeles Marathon Race Walk Division is a step ladder distance progression on the road scenario. While I have in the recent past simulated such scope of training on my own on long distance sessions particularly on Sundays, the race atmosphere and crowd actions and reactions have been missing. I am fortunate that this year, there are now more events of 15km and 21km (The Condura Run – Skyway Run for the Whale Shark) on the pipeline for me to incorporate in my training plan.

This Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 5:30 RUNew (Run for New, Active and Healthy Lifestyle and Save Lives) with Coach Rio as event organizer to be held at McKinley Hill, Taguig City is a great opportunity for me to simulate a race scenario on a 15km distance. As planned, I shall from hereon do the events I am entered into by execution of Race Walking as defined by USATF to be;

- Progression of steps so taken that the walker makes contact with the ground so that no visible (to the human eye) loss of contact occurs.

- The advancing leg must be straight (i.e. not bent at the knee) from the moment of first contact with the ground until in the vertical upright position.

So if you notice somebody running a different style on 15km event on Sunday, that is me guys. Just do not mind me. See you on Sunday at the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment